Sunday, November 26, 2006

del.icio.us dreams

It struck me today that I could use the "notes" field for annotation. For example, if I tag restaurants or parks that I want to visit, I can write my reviews of them later. A reminder to myself for whether or not I would want to return. Or I could also tag such sites with "good", "bad", but this is not expressive enough.

The notes field likely has some length limitation that wouldn't allow for much annotation, perhaps it can store a URL back to blog page that would have a more in-depth annotation.

What I'd really like from del.icio.us would be a way to relate tags with my own properties. While dreaming, why not go all the way and extend the tag editor to a full OWL class editor?

If you're going to dream, dream big. Time to look for the del.icio.us feedback form...

No comments: